What better way to savor the delicious taste of the sea than with a steaming bowl of Clam Chowder? This comforting and creamy clam stew is a classic dish from the East Coast of the United States that will transport you straight to the seaside with every bite.
If you’ve ever wondered how to make this dish at home, you’re in the right place. In this blog, we’ll guide you through a Clam Chowder recipe so you can prepare it in the comfort of your kitchen.
- 2 cans of canned clams, drained
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups of fish broth
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large pot, cook the bacon over medium heat until it becomes crispy. Then, remove excess fat, leaving about a tablespoon in the pot.
- Add the chopped onion and celery to the pot with the bacon and cook until they become tender.
- Add the potatoes and fish broth to the pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat, simmering until the potatoes are tender.
- In a separate skillet, melt the butter and mix it with flour to make a roux. Cook for a few minutes until it turns golden brown.
- Add the roux to the pot with the potatoes and mix well to thicken the soup.
- Add the drained clams and heavy cream. Simmer until it’s thoroughly heated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh chopped parsley.
There you have it! Now you have a Clam Chowder recipe to prepare at home and enjoy a seafood feast. Remember that if you’re ever in Cancún and want to enjoy the best seafood without cooking at home, you can visit Fred’s Seafood & Raw Bar, located in the Hotel Zone.