In the world of gastronomy, inspiration often strikes from unexpected places. One of the movies that has left a lasting impression on food enthusiasts worldwide is “Matilda.” Do you remember the scene where Bruce Bogtrotter faces an immense chocolate cake? This magical sequence has inspired many to recreate this delicious cake. Would you like to know a recipe to make Matilda’s cake? You’re in luck! We bring you the perfect recipe.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- 1 and 3/4 cups of sugar.
- 3/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda.
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- 2 eggs.
- 1 cup of milk.
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- 1 cup of boiling water.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease and flour two round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla to the dry mixture and beat until smooth.
- Reduce your mixer’s speed and slowly add the boiling water. Continue beating until the batter is well mixed.
- Divide the batter equally between the two prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove them from the pans and place them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread a layer of chocolate frosting on each cake layer.
- Simultaneously, add a generous amount of hazelnut cream onto the cake.
- Stack the layers on top of each other, ensuring they are well centered.
- Place brownie chunks on top of the hazelnut cream of the final layer.
- Decorate the top with caramel pearls.
Voila! Now you can enjoy your own Matilda’s Cake.
An experience you won’t want to miss!